At Express Building & Pest Inspections Mawson Lakes and Golden Grove we aim to offer our customers a quality and reliable service and assist them with their building and pest inspection needs.
Owned and operated by Tony Dey, (who lives locally) we service the following suburbs within this region;
- Mawson Lakes
- Gepps Cross
- Globe Derby Park
- Dry Creek
- Golden Grove
- Salisbury Heights
- Gulfview Heights
- Fairview Park
- One Tree Hill
- Gould Creek
Whilst being professionally qualified, I have always had a keen interest in property. Having built and renovated my own properties both for living in and as investments, I understand the stresses and satisfaction that comes from building projects.
We are pleased to offer our customers the following services;
Pre Purchase Reports
Pre purchase reports are conducted when a potential property is being considered for purchase. A report is completed and returned to the customer within 24 hours of the inspection being completed. Our reports are comprehensive and offer unbiased information in an easy to read, jargon free format. Our reports include visual pictures of the property and areas being reported. Our reports cover the following areas;
- Roof – covering, sagging, drainage, flashings, gutters, skylight, chimney (visual only), fascia, barges, downpipes
- Exterior – drainage, wall cladding, trim, doors, decks, stairs, timber, windows
- Masonry – salt damp, rising damp, cracking, fretting, subsidence, mortar, damp proof course
- Attic – roof structure, signs of water leakage, access, party walls, fire walls, Insulation
- Interior – walls, ceiling, floors, doors, windows, cupboards
- Kitchen – cupboards, drawers, bench tops, sink, tap operation, visible plumbing
- Bathroom – tiles, caulking, grout, shower/screens, bath, vanity, toilet, taps operation, visible plumbing
- Fireplaces – hearth, mantle, vents, chimney (visual only)
- Structural (visible) – foundations and footings, framing (walls, floors, roof), lintels
- Subfloor- where access is available, cellars
- Insulation – batts, vapour barrier, fire hazards
- Ventilation – roof, soffits, bathroom, laundry
- Plumbing – (visible plumbing only), water source , leaking pipes, drainage, related piping, water hammer, water pressure, tap operation and leaks
- Electrical – (visible electrical items only) switches, power points, lights
If access is possible we will check sub floor in timber floorboard constructions. We also check fencing, retaining walls (under 700mm high), driveways, paving, pergolas, verandas, garages, carports, sheds, clothes line, painting and much more. We have experience with state-of-the-art moisture meter technology, which can detect rising damp and leaking pipes even behind tiles! All our highly detailed systemised report includes digital photos of defects found giving you the complete picture.
Pre Sale Inspections
This service offers vendors seeking a way to accelerate their home sale. Why not have your home inspected and a report conducted and use this as part of your marketing process. Providing potential buyers with peace of mind when purchasing your property and saving time in the process.
Pre Auction Reports
Looking at a property that is being sold via Auction? Are you aware that once the hammer goes down and ‘sold’ is shouted, it is too late to get a pre building inspection report done. Go into the auction having already completed a report and know what you are bidding on and the condition of the property, this will assist you with setting your budget and knowing what work (if any) needs to be completed.
Rental Property Condition Report
Do you have an investment property? I always recommend having a report completed at;
- Entry – when a new tenant is entering the property
- Exit – upon the tenant ending their lease and leaving the property
A comprehensive report lists all the information you need to know about the condition of your property. Our reports can assist the property owner if any disputes arise with the tenant regarding the property condition, our report may also assist you if an insurance claim arises and you need proof regarding the pre and post condition of the property.
Tax Depreciation Schedules
A tax depreciation schedule is an essential tool for every property investor as it can help to;
- Reduce the taxable income from your rental property
- Increase cash returns
- Save investors money at tax time
Asbestos Inspections and Asbestos Testing
Thinking about renovating your property? Are you are aware that is estimated that 1/3 of all homes in Australia contain asbestos. We offer Asbestos Inspection Visual reports as well as Asbestos Testing.
If you are looking at purchasing a property, it is always recommended that a pre-inspection pest report is undertaken to give you the peace of mind that the property you are purchasing is free from any termites. We also conduct inspections on your existing home if you suspect there could be a pest problem.
Highly experienced and fully licensed Express pest inspectors conduct thorough inspections of your property to reveal any termite problems and advise on the correct course of action.
Express Building and Pest Inspections Mawson Lakes and Golden Grove are fully insured with complete Public Liability and Professional Indemnity Insurance.
So prior to purchasing or renovating a property, contact me to discuss your potential needs and gain independent advice that can be relied upon.